Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Had to collect my thoughts...

    I wanted to post a few days ago, but I couldn't put all of my thoughts together coherently. We forgot how much WORK new puppies are! We were also still working through the absence of our 100 pound love, Caesar.  Sometimes it still hits Mommy in the heart, and the pain of the hole in our home is palpable.  The little yaps and squeaks from my new brother are a far cry from the deep, from the diaphragm full fledged ROARS that came from Caesar. The growls that sounded like they came from a lion rather than a dog... It's a big change, but we're getting used to it. 
    So by now, I'm assuming that those of you reading this also follow me on Facebook. If you don't then you have't heard our news! Well, I have a baby brother! You want the story? BOL! I bet you do!
    Well, Mommy and Daddy (mostly Mommy) decided that sitting around crying over Caesar wasn't doing any of us much good, and since we had ALL that love just wasting away, that we should adopt a new furbaby. Mommy lives by this rule: Everything will work out. Maybe not the way you planned it, but it will. Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes the reason surprises you. 

    Daddy laid some ground rules. Nothing over 3 years old, nothing over 25 pounds-ish fully grown, and preferably male. It didn't HAVE to be male, but he would prefer it. They went on Monday, March 12th to not one, but TWO shelters. There was nothing to Daddy's specifications. They gave up for the day, and went to lunch. 
   But fate had something in store!


   At lunch, they ran into Mommy's former co-worker who:
A. Had heard about Caesar.
B. Had puppies from an accidental litter, that were in our size range even fully grown.

C. Offered us a free puppy.


The other weird factoid was that the puppies turned 8 weeks old on the day Caesar had to be put to sleep. They agreed to meet the puppies. Well, Daddy has never been a fan of Poodles, and these puppies were purebred (unpapered-- remember, oops litter!) Miniature Poodles. Mommy felt for sure that Daddy would say no. But one pup of the 3 decided that Daddy looked like a good bed. He toddled over and climbed right up and fell fast asleep. Daddy spent a while just staring at him before even petting him. When he finally put his hand on him, it was love. Pure and unadulterated LOVE.
   You had better believe that we couldn't leave without that puppy! We took him straight to Petsmart for a bath and trim (Well, Mommy did... Daddy went to pick up Brianna at school!) and called the vet to tell them about the new puppy! 

   Brianna was pleasantly surprised when she, Daddy, and Jack came back to get Mommy and.... OMD Mommy was holding a PUPPY! A POODLE puppy! Brianna has long fantasized about having a Poodle, it's her favorite breed of dog, and she just adores them. She held him all the way home, well sort of BOL! He slept next to her! 
    He's a rascally little guy though! When I finally met him, he grrrr'd at me and bit me a whole lot. We figure he was probably only around his siblings and his Mama, and she was a whole lot smaller than I am, so he was probably reacting out of fear. I took it like a champ though, I let him bite me without even a whimper, and I ignored his grrrs and barks. (Even though he really DOES sound like a squeaky toy) 
       See the biting? Mommy said I was suchhhh a good girl for not reacting! I want to be his Mommy soooo bad, like I am with Marilyn, but to be honest...he would much rather have a person Mommy than me. So I let Mommy and Daddy do all the parenting, and I get the fun stuff. Mommy said I do need to be a little more gentle, I try to wrestle... and even though he likes it, Mommy is worried he'll get hurt. Mostly we play tag. I chase him, then he chases me. It's a pretty funny sight, seeing me run away from a teeny Poodle puppy...  but I like it! 
   All in all, it's been a good week. Brucie is fitting in well. I'm happy. Family is happy. And Caesar should be coming home soon (his ashes). I think it will be easier when he's back with us.

Until next time... MWAH! Love and Pibble kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment